60’s Scoop….Please share with those who were affected.
Key things to know:
1. Deadline to submit claim form to Claims Administrator is August 30, 2019
2. Deadline to opt out of settlement and not release Canada from a claim is October 31, 2018.
3. Settlement includes people who are registered Indians and people eligible to be registered that were removed from their homes in Canada between January 1, 1951 and December 31, 1991 and placed in the care of non-indigenous foster or adoptive parents.
4. “[Applicants] do not need to pay a lawyer to complete the form. The administrator will help you fill out the form and there are lawyers [applicants] can speak to free of charge”.
5. Papers are not needed from relevant child service agencies to apply.
6. Claim forms are available at sixtiesscoopsettlement.info or 1-(844)- 287 – 4270.
7. KMLLP listed contact information for Alberta applicants: 1-800-451-3225 or email@example.com
I’ve also attached the notice that was approved by the courts.
For more information you can follow this link: