The Daycare promotes early childhood development with the areas of social, physical, intellectual, cognitive, Emotional and spiritual and language development.
Quality of Service:
Provincially Licensed and Monitored
Standard~ Promoting Provincial Regulations.
Staff Qualifications~ Knowledgeable personal with Level 1, 2, 3 in Early Childhood Certificate Program and First Aid in Childcare.
Location: Across Maskwacis Health Centre
P.O Box 219
Phone: (780) 585-3866
Ermineskin Daycare Centre is a department within the Community Services & Wellness Division, providing childcare and promoting early childhood development for parents who are employed or going to school. A safe aring environment for children from ages 3 months to 6 years of age. Giving first priority to Ermineskin Tribal Membership list, during the hours of operation from 7:45 a.m to 5:00 p.m, Monday to Friday ( Except for the off Friday's).
Our vision is to establish and provide standards of high quality, and age appropriate practice in early childhood development from 3 months through 6 years of age.
We strive to enhance each individual child to develop in all areas, (S,P,I,C,E) which will help each child to become better prepared for school years and better understand how the world works around them.
The program will provide qualified individual who have knowledge of child development to provide learning experience that is developmentally and culturally appropriate. Individuals with early childhood background range in providing activities, materials and learning opportunities that are age appropriate for individual child or groups.
Learning and development happens when a child feels safe, loved and motivated to learn.
Child Care Philosophy
The Ermineskin Nation regards its children as “Gifts of the Creator” and accepts the responsibility by looking after them the best they can. Elders have stated, that cultural teachings should be done in the child’s early years so that it is effective and life long. It is this premise that influences the development of a culturally relevant curriculum. In addition, developmentally appropriate practices will ensure the child’s emotional, physical, mental and spiritual needs are met. The Ermineskin Nation is committed to the strengthening of their children’s cultural knowledge base so that they will have the skills and ability to reach their highest potential.
- Assist children in learning to live comfortably in a social environment in addition to the family.
- Develop and respect for individual and cultural differences through discussions and role modelling.
- Provide opportunities for the children to interact, guided by models of socially acceptable behaviour.
- Enhance the child's self-esteem, self-awareness, and self confidence by offering many opportunities for the child to succeed, express ideas, and understand his/her emotions and to attain skills to control them.
- Provide opportunities for Math, science, reading, memory skill, language development, and social science.
- Increase attention span and follow direction.
- Foster creativity and self expression through art, music and drama play.
- Develop large through outdoor activities such as climbing, riding a tricycle, running, etc.
- Stimulate and encourage curiosity and providing opportunities for problem solving.
Cultural Development Component
Cultural development concerns the development of the children's native language creativity and identity of the Plains Cree. It is for that reason that the priority is given to native langauge and to provide interactions with community elders. Cree language is incorporated in theme planning and by surrounding their environment with cultural activities. Example: Circle time, smudge and prayer, photo's music, hands on experiences with arts and crafts, and children participate with our annual feast.
Married/Common-Law, Single Parent : $12.00/per child
Half-Day: $8.00/per child
After School care 3:45 p.m to 4:45 p.m: $4.00/per child
Prior to enrollement parents must submit all required information of the following:
- Home Visitation Program
- FASD Awareness Workshop
- Emergency Contact Numbers
- Land Description & House Number