Ermineskin Timeline“We would like to assure our citizens it is our top priority that the protection of our most vulnerable populations; which this includes our children, Elders and as well as those that have with underlying health issues” -Chief Makinaw
Ongoing – The Emergency Operations Committee continues to actively coordinate and implement the Emergency Management Plan. They have been conducting daily briefings which include regular contact with Indian Affairs and the Alberta Management Agency. Greg Minde is the Ermineskin Director of Emergency Management participates in the Maskwacis EOC briefings daily, and updates our Ermineskin EOC team. Rest Assured, we are actively engaged in coordinating the emergency management for our nation.
April 22, 2020 Council of Ermineskin Cree Nation deems it to be in the best interests of Ermineskin to amend the 1992 Curfew Law (can be found on the External Affairs Webpage) to respond to the emergency, to secure the health and safety of individuals attending at or residing on the Ermineskin Cree Nation's Reserve lands, to encourage the observation of law and order and to prevent disorderly conduct and nuisances on its reserve lands.
March 25, 2020A State of Emergency is hereby declared by the Samson Cree Nation, Ermineskin Cree Nation, Louis Bull Tribe and Montana First Nation effective March 22, 2020 covering all citizens of our Nations and those residing within our territory of the Maskwacis Cree. The State of Emergency has been declared due to the COVID-19 outbreak that is a global pandemic as declared by the World Health Authority. This pandemic threatens the health, safety and lives of our citizens.
March 16, 2020 – ECN leadership activated the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in response to the Level 4 Category Risk as identified by Alberta Health Services; this included enacting the EOC committee as a responsive team. The EOC Committee consists of ECN Program Directors inclusive of NGCI, Children’s Services, MHS, Maskwacis Ambulance, MESC and RCMP. Greg Minde is the Director and point lead to oversee the Ermineskin Emergency Operations Centre Team (See video below).
March 11, 2020 – ECN department directors and managers underwent First Nations Emergency Management Training Certification.
Ermineskin Cree Nation Prepares for COVID-19 Pandemic
Ermineskin Cree Nation has taken the following precautions and measures that have since been implemented:
- Most ECN Programs and Services have closed or are now working from home to ensure the safety of our employees and citizens, with the exception of essential services Administration is open with adjusted hours: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
- Essential Services in areas such as Health, Fire, Police, Finance, Housing, Food Bank, Water Delivery and Garbage pickup will operate as needed. Housing service calls will be limited to ONLY those regarding no heat, no water, and sewer back up issues.
- Food Bank Services now require appointments as no walk-in will be accepted.
- Our citizens were given distribution to help them to obtain supplies, and food as needed for their families
- Elders were provided with Elders relief assistance (for 60 and older)
- External organizations such as local businesses have also implemented their safety and risk management plans to integrate pandemic preparedness to COVID-19
- Public facilities have been closed and ALL public events have been cancelled.
- For safety measures, disinfection and sanitization of ECN facilities has been made a priority
- ECN Hunters were deployed to harvest and gather meat for our Elders and families in need
Maskwacis Health Services“The Mission of Maskwacis Health Services is to improve and provide quality holistic health programs and services to the Maskwacis Peoples. Maskwacis Health Services will provide the highest quality, comprehensive health care delivery system for all the members of the Maskwacis Peoples.
MHS Testing Schedule
Ermineskin Curfew By-LawAs of APRIL 22, 2020 there will be a Curfew that applies to ALL ERMINESKIN RESIDENTS & NON-RESIDENTS who reside on Ermineskin Reserve. All Ermineskin Residents must be inside their homes between the hours of 12:00 am to 6:00 am, 7 Days a week. See the official By-Law on the External Affairs Webpage.
COVID-19 Cases in Alberta Statistics:
Below is a link to the COVID-19 Info for Albertans which has precaution measures, COVID-19 stats for Alberta, information on when and where you can get tested and so much more.https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
COVID-19 Financial Supports
For Ermineskin Members, on and off-reserve, who are in need of Support Services, go to the ECN Support Services Webpage. There is an application process list, as well as Client forms as a Downloadable PDF that you can print off at home and an ECXEL Form that you can fill out and email to the Support Services Administrator: Christina Aguilar Sanchez
Below are multiple programs and services if you should need any financial aid during this pandemic.
Other Key Links:
- Coronavirus Information (Gov’t of Alberta)
- Update on Ermineskin Cree Nation COVID-19 Measures (Ponoka News).
- Coronavirus Updates (Alberta Health Services).
- Travel health Notices (Gov’t of Canada)
- Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (WHO)
- Travel Health Notices (Gov’t of Canada)
- COVID-19 Advice for the Public (WHO)
Ermineskin Chief and Council Video Updates
- Update June 3, 2020
- Update May 6, 2020