Changes that have occurred at the NEP Department since June 17th, 2019
- Temporary employment has been suspended until further notice
- Work crews will be to our fellow Tribal Members of Pigeon Lake, Buck Lake and Smallboy Camp this year
- N.E.P. Department will consist of only five employees which will consist of one crew to continue services for Ermineskin
- We will work in partnership with the Elders department and Social Services departments pending appointments/schedule
- We will continue providing the services for General Hauls and Lawn Cuts Pending; Weather and scheduling
- Most work orders will now need appointments as we do not have the manpower to do multiple tasks
- Wakes and Funerals services will still continue
- Expect delays in work orders as we are cleaning and re-organizing the shop and compound to better serve our Tribal Members of Ermineskin
Neyaskweyahk Employment Program will help to empower Ermineskin Tribal Members Through by example. To guide, to a positive change within themselves and the community.
Goals & Objectives:
- Effective Management of the Neyaskweyahk Employment Program
- Prepare participants for the Workforce
- Appropriate Wages & Compensation.
- Increased Support for N.E.P. through partnership
NEP SERVICES PROVIDED:
- Assist the disabled and elderly band members.
- Wake work.
- Memorial services.
- Harvest Teepee poles for Ermineskin Annual Powwow.
- Cut wood, General Hauling, Lawn services.
- Carpentry Sales/services. – Sheds, Outhouses, Doghouses, Lean-to shelters.
- Work with Fine Option and Summer Student Programs.
- Artesian & Wood craftsmanship projects.
In Kind Community Contributions:
We offer many services to the band membership thru in kind community contributions. We offer three free services to Elders- lawn cut, split wood delivery, a general haul. And the disabled are assisted thru Home care, but we assist them when Sheldon SB is getting behind in requests.