Manager: Karmen Cutarm
Registrar: Monica Littlechild
Researcher: Rhea Simon
- To provide the general Tribal membership with guidance in the proper documentation for all Registrations of all events for inclusion into Tribal membership.
- To assist and provide certain information to Membership applicants for their inquiries pertaining to Membership.
- To provide qualified and capable leadership to Tribal members pertaining to Membership.
- To assist the Tribal Chief and Council in ensuring that the Membership Law is implemented properly and accordingly.
- To provide seminars and workshops to both the general Tribal Membership population and Tribal Chief and Council in further educating them with the Membership Law, its procedures and its implications, when the need arises.
- To establish and maintain proper Trust accounting procedures in regards to the Accounts held at the Peace Hills Trust in Maskwacis.
- To establish and maintain proper Trust copies and records of the cheques as received by the Department of Indian Affairs and to ensure that the applicant receives his/her monies in due time.
- To properly administer this account according to established procedures.
- To oversee that proper procedures are implemented according to established procedures and to consult with the Tribal Chief and Council or the Tribal Administrator, when the need arises.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF INDIAN STATUS (CIS) LAMINATED CARDS
Status cards are issued daily ONLY between the hours of 9am-3:30pm- no exceptions.
- A Registered Indian may only possess one (1) CIS at any given time and a maximum of two (2) CIS shall be issued to a registered Indian within any 12 month period;
- Renewals-must exchange in old card plus one piece of identification.
- Lost cards within 6 months since last issued status card-must have police file number that card was reported stolen; when the CIS is issued the client will be put on the one (1) year waiting list after the CIS is issued.
- Acceptable Identification:
- Band Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s Licence
- Provincial Identification card
- Health Card
- Photo Employee Identification card with digitized photo
- Student Identification card with digitized photo
- Firearms Licence
- Certificate of Indian Status Card (CIS)
15.00 every day- ERMINESKIN TRIBAL MEMBERS
$20.00 every day -Non-Band Members
FREE-Renewals cards (must return old CIS.)
ERMINESKIN BAND CARD
Can ONLY be issued to Ermineskin Band Members. Band Cards are issued daily.
- Must provide your Alberta Health Card # & Social Insurance # (if applicable)
- $10.00 ONLY if you have trade-in (old or damaged card)
- $15.00 with no trade-in
- $5.00 Pictures
- $5.00 -Lamination (per item)
OTHER SERVICE CHARGES
OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT:
- Birth Certificate Forms
- Alberta Health Care Forms
- Social Insurance Forms
- Tax Exempt Forms
- Child Tax Benefit Forms
- Residency/GST Exempt Letters
- Update of Minor Trust Forms
- Treaty Annuity Forms (Request for Treaty money)
- Release of Minor Trust Forms