Neyaskweyahk Memorial Arena is a skating facility that accommodates the community and surrounding towns for skating, special activities, programs and event.
A Little About Us:
- The Ermineskin Arena was completed in July of 1998. It features an N.H.L sized ice surface. We Provide Services to surrounding communities such as Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Millet, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, Edmonton, as well as other native communities in the area.
- The Ermineskin arena was renamed the "Neyaskweyahk Memorial arena" on October 9, 2002 to commemorate passed hockey players from in and around the community.
- The Arena lobby is a showcase of pictures of past and present hockey players.
- Elders and youth are displayed with pride.
Hockey Boards Advertising Program:
The Building occupies an area of 32,940 sq.ft.
The Rink Dimensions are 200x85 ft. of surface area which allows us to sell 20 arena board ads. These ads are situated on the north side of the arena starting at the halfway mark.
Arena Rules of Conduct:
Parents, It is your responsibility that your child(ren) are aware of the rules of conduct while you are utilizing the facility.
- Garbage disposal containers are provided. Please use them.
- No spitting allowed anywhere in this facility
- No swearing
- No disorderly conduct - Intoxicated or abusive behavior will not be tolerated. All or any of this kind of behavior will be reported to the authorities and will evict any such person immediately.
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs on the premises.
- No smoking
- Any damage done to this facility will not be tolerated. Parents will be held responsible for any damage done.
- Coaches: The dressing rooms are clean when you arrive and we expect them to be clean when you leave.
- Please do not write on the walls.
- No one except the staff is allowed on the ice with street shoes.
- We are not responsible for any hockey equipment left in building.
- No Skateboarding or rollerblading is allowed in the building.
- No Fighting, games of tag, Ball hockey or shooting pucks are allowed in lobby or other areas of the arena other than ice surface.
- Curfew time is 9:00pm every evening, with the exception of bantam and midget players.
- Players' conduct on and off the ice will be the responsibility of the coach while you are in this facility.
- Maintenance staff is not responsible for supervising your children.
- Children can not be left unattended during game and practice times.
You can join the Maskwacis Minor Hockey Association on FaceBook for more information see more