*Please be advised restrictions are subject to change in accordance with the local covid cases.
In light of the recent spike in COVID-19 and Delta Variant cases in Maskwacis, Chief and Council approved and restored by motion the following safety measures effective October 1, 2021 and until further notice:
• In office work days – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with the exception of essential services.
• Work hours will remain the same – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Where social distancing is an issue for example shared office space, decrease number of people in the office. A work rotation of employees should be implemented.
• AHS/MHS Vaccine confirmation required before entering offices.
• Covid Negative test results no later than 72 hours old to be provided before entering offices. If not, then employees will not be paid until a negative test result is provided. We respect those who cannot or wish NOT to receive any of the Covid vaccines; however, it is imperative we keep each other safe while in the workplace.
• Buildings will remain closed to the public, by appointments only and for emergencies.
• NOK to remain closed.
• Wakes, funerals and feast events to remain in private homes.
The Ermineskin Emergency Operations Committee (EOC) continues to monitor COVID-19 and variant active cases in Maskwacis, work closely with other the Maskwacis Nations, Maskwacis Health Services (MHS) and follow or exceed Albert Health Services (AHS) Safety Standards.
Ermineskin Cree Nation continues to encourage the following safety measures:
• Mandatory Masks at all times while in all public buildings.
• Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
• We encourage those who are vaccinated to get tested regularly as a safety precaution, especially employees who work for departments deemed as an essential service.
• Social distance.
• If you have any symptoms, get tested and stay home until you have received a Covid negative test result.
On a final note, the Ermineskin Chief and Council are very aware of the COVID-Fatigue experienced by many but the virus remains active; therefore, we need to continue to be diligent in following the safety measures, keeping ourselves and each other safe. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Anne M. Wildcat
Director – Property & Infrastructure Management
Ermineskin Cree Nation