March 19, 2020
Regarding the nation’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Ermineskin Cree Nation leadership has initiated several coordinated efforts. Leadership engaged protocol and received advisory from elders through ceremony.
The leadership has also been meeting with Emergency officials in regards to necessary steps in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The primary focus is to continue essential services for our nation and keeping the risk low for the safety of employees and citizens.
It has been announced that the Ermineskin Emergency Operations Plan has been activated as of March 17, 2020.
ECN Core Emergency Operations team are meeting regularly and will continue:
– Director of Emergency Management- Greg Minde,
Assistant Director of Emergency Management – Richard
Coyote, Emergency Operations Center Manager – Josh
– Health -Maskwacis Health Services
– Infrastructure, Industry, Tech Services, Property
Management, Public Works
– Finance, IT & Communications
– Personnel, Tribal Services, Social Services,
– RCMP, Fire & Disaster Services, Security
– Council, Admin and more
The nation will continue to provide the citizens with updates for the community as new information arrives.
Please follow the Alberta Health Services updates for the province. https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16944.aspx
Ermineskin Cree Nation updates can be found here:
• Ermineskin website at ermineskin.ca https://ermineskin.ca/
• Ermineskin Cree Nation Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ermineskin/
• Ermineskin Cree Nation Communications Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ermin.communications.dept/
We thank you for being patient with the services that are available at this time.
For a listing of all local Emergency Department Numbers please visit the Ermineskin website here: https://ermineskin.ca/ermergency-contact/