SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
Support Services Program is limited to Ermineskin Tribal members.
Support Services will assist up to $200.00 Per year for any of the items listed below.
Income Support & AISH applicants will not be granted an appointment for Support Services Program Assistance until after the 15th of each month.
If residing off reserve, proof of residency is required.
- Rental agreement with band members name on it
Contact name and number for landlord to verify residency.
- Current utility bill with band members name on it
Emergency Food Assistance
- Purchase orders are issued unless member resides off reserve. Proof of residency is required.
- Members may not access the program until 4 months after assistance is received.
- Utility Bill must be Disconnection, Pending Disconnection, or an Urgent Notice.
- ABSOLUTELY no bills will be paid without the above notices
- All payments will be made directly to the Utility Company.
- Last month’s rent receipt must be provided.
- Landlords contact name and number must be provided to verify residency.
- All payments will be made directly to the renting agency or landlord.
Emergency Travel Assistance is provided for family members to provide compassionate support to other family members in the hospital.
- Name and hospital where family member is must be provided for verification.
Medical Assistance is provided for medical supplies or prescriptions not covered by AANDC.
- For dependent children the child must be under 1 year of age if not registered with Ermineskin Membership.
- Support Services Program will not assist with Narcotics or any questionable medical prescription.
- Assistance for Dental and Optical is made available to Elders and Special Needs only.
Must have doctors letter to confirm urgency of need. SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM WILL NOT ASSIST:
Feasts, Memorials, Sundance’s, or Sweats.
- These are considered self-sacrificial, which is the giving up of one’s own interests or wishes in order to help others or themselves.
- It is expected of the member to prepare for such ceremonies, especially if the ceremony is yearly.
Visits to medical doctors or specialists.
- YOU MUST CONTACT MHS TRANSPORTATION @ (780) 585 – 2223
Travel support to go home, pick up family members, or friends.
Support Services Program is accessible every 4 months from the last time assistance is received. Provided there is a Balance available.
Support Services Coodinator: Margaret Johnson
Contact: (780) 585-3741
To down load a copy of the Application Form click on Download Attachments down below.